Thread: How to configure wifi on iPod Touch

How to configure wifi on iPod Touch

My younger bro bought a iPod Touch from Apple yesterday. As we both are new to this, we are not aware of any of its settings. Now i want to configure WiFi settings on this device so that i can browse the web and lots more. Could you guys please let me know how can i configure wifi settings on my iPod touch ? Help appreciated !!

Re: How to configure wifi on iPod Touch

With the help of WiFI on your iPod touch you will be connect to the Internet using Safari web browser, YouTube, or iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store. Here are the Wi-Fi settings for your iPod :-

• To Turn Wi-Fi on or off Choose Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on or off.
    • Set iPod touch to ask if you want to join a new Wi-Fi network:
      • When you are trying to access the Internet, by using Safari or YouTube for example, and you are not in range of a Wi-Fi network you have previously used, this option tells iPod touch to look for another network. iPod touch will display a list of all available Wi-Fi networks that you can choose from. Networks that require a password appear with a lock icon.
      • If "Ask to Join New Networks" is turned off, you must manually join a network to connect to the Internet when a previously used network is unavailable.
      • Choose Wi-Fi and turn "Ask to Join Networks" on or off. If you turn "Ask to Join Networks" off, you must join networks manually.

You can also join a Wi-Fi network manually. To do so, Choose Wi-Fi, wait a moment as iPod touch detects networks in range, then choose a network. If necessary, enter a password and tap Join. Networks that require a password appear with a lock icon.

Make iPod touch forget a network, so that the device doesn't join it automatically. Choose Wi-Fi and tap the arrow next to a network you've joined before. Then tap "Forget this Network."

If no Wi-Fi networks you've used are available, iPod touch will scan for Wi-Fi networks and show a list of Wi-Fi networks in range. Tap a network and, if necessary, enter the password to join. Networks that require a password show a lock icon next to them. To connect to a closed Wi-Fi network, Choose Wi-Fi, then tap Other and enter the network name. If the network requires a password, choose Security, tap the type of security the network uses, and enter the password. You must already know the network name, password, and security type to connect to a closed network. Some Wi-Fi networks may require you to enter or adjust additional settings, such as a client ID or static IP address. Ask the network administrator which settings to use.