Thread: Is it possible to use Wifi through laptop on Xbox

Is it possible to use Wifi through laptop on Xbox

I have a Compaq Presario laptop, on which i had installed Windows Xp. I have wireless internet connection, the only way to have internet connection on my laptop. I even have the original Xbox with only having one ethernet port on the backside. I do have multiple ethernet cords, but only one port on the back of my XBOX as well as on my laptop. I would like to know that is there a way to connect the xbox via the ethernet cord into the back of the laptop and use the wifi on the laptop in order to get internet connection on the xbox to play xbox live? Does any body knows about it? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it possible to use Wifi through laptop on Xbox

Get a router and a wireless adapter because its more connected to the internet, arcade cant really connect with a wire to your computer because its not compatible so try it. In all it's a really simple process involving sharing your laptop's wireless internet connection with your Xbox through an ethernet cable. It's not as good as a wired connection, but if you don't regularly rely on the connection, it's a good workaround.

I could connect direct to internet or connect wirelessly on the Apple side to the router and the other laptop with Vista connected easily to the router but XP would not. Microsoft Windows Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) uses your PC to share one Internet connection with multiple devices, including your Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system.

If you’ve got a laptop with Wi-Fi, Instructables details how to use it as an Xbox 360 wireless adapter.The easiest way (Microsoft XP) Click "Start" then "Control Panel" then go to "Network and Internet Connections" then "Network Connections" then open the connection that says "Connected" then go to the "Support" tab and click "Details". You need to use a Windows ICS connection (rather than a router or gateway connection) to access Xbox LIVE in either of these scenarios instead of a traditional Ethernet connection to a stand-alone router, gateway, or modem. By doing this it will give every bit of info you need to manually hook up your Xbox console.