| || |
| || |
Join Date: Jan 2006
Re: Remove Windows Smart Security
This automatic removal method is for users with no special computer skills.
- Download and save SmitFraudFix to your desktop.
- Restart your computer Safe Mode . Once the desktop is displayed, click the icon SmitfraudFix.exe .
- Once past the introduction, a menu will appear. Select the option number 2, That is to say 'Clean (safe mode recommended) "Then press Entry to delete infected files.
- SmitFraudFix will then proceed to clean your computer by following a series of steps. Once the process is completed, it will automatically launch the program Disk Cleanup (Disk Cleanup).
- Once the Disk Cleanup program completedA message will ask: "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry" (do you clean the registry). Answer Y (yes) and press Entry. Restart your computer.
- SmitFraudFix will then check if the file wininet.dll is infected. It will ask if you want to replace the infected file (if any): "Replace infected file?". Respond by typing Y (yes) and press Entry.
- Restart your computer to finish the cleaning process.
- Once the system restarts, Notepad can open and display a screen showing a list of all files having been deleted from your computer. If this screen does not appear, a file named rapport.txt will be created and stored in the root of your drive (Local Disk C ).
- Restart your computer Safe Mode (how to start Safe Mode).
- Go C: \ Windows \ Temp, Click Edition, Click Select AllPress DELETE Then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Trash.
- Go C: \ Documents and Settings \[LISTED USER] \ Local Settings \ Temp, Click Edition, Click Select AllPress DELETE Then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Trash.
- Restart your computer in normal mode this time. Go Windows Update and download all critical updates.