Thread: Wireless adapter missing in device manager

Wireless adapter missing in device manager

Hi,

I have have windows Xp on Hp computer. After a sudden reboot, my connection was lost. I am also missing my wireless network adapter in my device manager. I cannot find any basic way to make it turn on. Can I find a new way to reinstall the adapter?

Re: Wireless adapter missing in device manager

Check your hardware manual first, when a device is thanks (available) in bios settings, and/or bios is set to recognize plug & play devices, windows is supposed to notice on bootup any device that lacks (software) drivers and prompt you to establish itself. If this does not happen, it suggests your wireless connections circuits is damaged.

I think this a problem with HP. Send the computer to HP service center and they will replace the case and the mainboad. I don't know why the problem happens but it has something to do with the mainboad. Hope you sill have a warranty.

Can you check whether your notebook wireless adapter is discovered. In order to control these click start, and in the search box type of device manager and press enter. This will open device manager. Then click on + sign next to a network located, and you check that the wireless adapter is included. (broadcom or Intel wireless LAN). It is not mentioned as than you need to install bios update for your notebook. After installation bios update the problem must be solved . However, if the problem continues, I am afraid that you need to get your notebook repair.