Thread: How to fix file not found error in MAC

How to fix file not found error in MAC

Hi,
    I am currently using Windows File Sharing (SMB) with a MAC system. I have a MAC OS X Server system at my office. Recently I was trying to locate a file from the Windows system to my MAC system. When I try to copy the file a error comes out saying Type -43 error (File not found, Folder not found). I restarted my system to clear up the problem but no success yet. Does any one has solution for this. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to fix file not found error in MAC

This error is often related to a program which is trying to locate a data and does not found the same. It is a common type of error with Claris XTND system. This also sometime referred to a translator not found. Just try to trash the XTND translator list. It is located in the Preferences folder under System. Restart the application. Verify properly the Claris XTND System and the translators for the same which are located in Claris folder.

The problem may occurring due to certain Illegal characters in your PC. This characters like ? [ ] / \ = are not allowed by Windows. See that here are not question mark bracket left in your query. It also happens if the characters are in the file name of a file which you are trying to open or copy. Just rename the files and get them. Put the files in Windows typical shared folders which will make them more easy to access. Check the file names and properties first.

It is possible that the share point sever which you are trying to access does not exist. And due to which the error comes out. Second thing provide adequate permission to the server. Like this SMB://myNetbiosComputerName/restricted_share. You can also minus this error by not giving any name to the server url like SMB://myNetbiosComputerName.