Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Connect multiple computers with switch

Networking & Security

Old 12-10-2009

Connect multiple computers with switch

I want to the stepwise procedure th connect 4 computers with a switch. I have one internet line i want share than line speed among all four computers. Do i need to setup router? Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Old 12-10-2009

Re: Connect multiple computers with switch

It means that you have two access internet with the same IP. It could be that the two devices are providing dhcp in the same subnet.You need to connect your switch with router. It might be that they have default static ip's that are the same.
Old 12-10-2009

Get a wireless router or wired Ethernet router and set up a simple network, then all computers can access to internet. If you use a switch router, you plug the pcs into LAN ports and set each pc to obtain its ip address automatically.
Old 12-10-2009

A switch is a device that allows multiple computers to connect to one Internet connection but it connect computers in same network if you want to access another network (public or Private) you need to use router.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,