Thread: No internet on Linksys Cisco Router

No internet on Linksys Cisco Router

Hello friends,

I have recently brought Linksys Cisco router at my place because i want to have my bedroom computer and my laptop on LAN so that i can have internet sharing on both devices. I have run the setup which has come with my Linksys Cisco router. Now when i am trying to use internet through my laptop it says that I have limited connectivity. Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Limited Connectivity on Linksys Cisco Router

If you are getting Limited Connectivity message on your laptop then i would suggest you to plug ethernet cable into the WAN port on the router and then go to router and configure PPoE with proper username and password. At the same time make sure that your firewall is not blocking the router internet connection. After doing all this things if your wireless port is not lighting up then may be you have a dead port and have a replacement of Linksys Cisco Router.

I was also getting limited connectivity message my on my Linksys WMP54GS adapter after finding a lot i came to know that recent card came with version 1.5 and i was running version1.4. So i tried to uninstalled the driver and removed the card then booted using the Linksys version 1.4 CD. and install the card and completed by key registration and secured the connection. Rebooted and now I can access the internet via IE. Hope this should work for you too.

I was also facing such kind of issue and i called up Linksys help desk and told them about the issue they told me to disconnect router and plug directly into the DSL modem. Now goto DSL modem webpage as you go for wireless router then witch to Always ON and copy your primary DNS and secondary DNS. Now reconnect wireless router and make the connection to Cable Model and then input the two DNS addresses and finally reboot your router for changes to get effected.