Thread: Which syntax to type to check computers network connectivity on Windows Xp

Which syntax to type to check computers network connectivity on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I'm also using Firefox as my web browser. I would like to know that if all my computers are connected on the network, then how can check it by using a run command. Which syntax to type on my Windows Xp machine? Does any body knows about it? Kindly let me know the correct command for checking my computers network been connected or not. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Which syntax to type to check computers network connectivity on Windows Xp

One primary function of most home Internet routers is Network Address Translation (NAT). The Internet Protocol (IP) address that is listed must match the IP address of your Exchange Server computer. Routers providing NAT support assign private IP addresses on the local network. If the IP address is wrong, or if a line that reads "Unknown host" is displayed, name resolution is not working properly. NAT maps these private addresses on the inside network to a public IP address on the outside network so that computers behind the Internet router can communicate with the rest of the Internet.

For that you need to click on your Start Menu. Then you need to click on Run and then you will get command prompt on your desktop screen. In that you need to typ in the following commands:
    ipconfig

or

netstat -a
    Hope so it may help you.

Command line utilities are useful because of their reporting capabilities. This is very useful in case we want to determine we have signals from the Internet service provider or there is some problem in computer. On your network connections right click on the connection go to status there you will see support. There you will get your system ip. In command prompt type ping your id (eg: 192.168.1.3-t). You will see it is reply from your id.