Thread: How to make a router connection to Xbox Live

How to make a router connection to Xbox Live

Hi, i have a Windows 7 operating system at home which is connected with a router, also i have a Xbox 360 console that i need to connect with the router so that i can access both my computer and Xbox console to the internet at the same time.

To be frank, i have no idea about doing that. Could you guys please make me know how to make a router connection to Xbox Live ?

Re: How to make a router connection to Xbox Live

Xbox LIVE compatible routers, wireless bridges, and gateways work great for connecting your Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system to Xbox LIVE. To make a router connection to Xbox Live, follow these steps:-

• Before you connect any cables, turn off your router, modem, PC, and Xbox 360 console. (Unplug your modem from its power source to turn it off.)
    • Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on your modem and the other end to the Ethernet input port on the back of your router.
    • With another Ethernet cable, connect one end to one of the router's Ethernet output ports. Connect the other end to your PC's Ethernet port.
    • With the third Ethernet cable, connect one end to another of the router's Ethernet output ports. Connect the other end to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox 360 console.
    • Turn on your modem, then your router, then your PC.
    • Make sure your PC can access the Internet. If not, you may need to configure the router for Internet access. For help configuring the router using your PC, check the instructions that came with the router.
    • Turn on your Xbox 360 console and sign in with your profile.

Thats It !!

Before making a router connection to Xbox LIVE you need some hardware to do it perfectly. Here are the same:-

1. Three Ethernet cables (one is supplied with the standard Xbox 360 system; not included with Xbox 360 Arcade).

2. An Xbox LIVE Compatible router.

3. A PC with an NIC (network interface card). If your PC has an Ethernet port (also referred to as Cat5 or RJ-45), it has an NIC. An Ethernet port looks like a standard telephone jack, only bigger.

If your router is not listed or does not have the Xbox LIVE Compatible logo on the router, that does not mean it will not work. The Xbox LIVE Compatible logo signifies that we have tested the router with Xbox LIVE to ensure it will work with your console. If you're unable to connect to Xbox LIVE, you can try to diagnose the problem right on your console. Go to My Xbox and open System Settings, then select Network Settings, Test Xbox LIVE Connection.