Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009

Image of a server in RAID5

As I think many people in our company has a server in RAID5. So we do not want to crash the server, and so I do all my backups to disks. But, however, I'd like to know if it's possible to make an image of my system disk c:\ (RAID5) and if the server crashes I can switch my image on a new server? I have heard of Acronis Universal Restore but impossible to find if the software manages the RAID?
Old 10-10-2009

Re: Image of a server in RAID5

If it's managed by hardware raid controller card, normally, the OS sees only one disk thus no problem to reinstall it on another server (in the case of discs anyway) in raid 1 , raid 5 or other.

On the other side, if the raid is Windows, then I do not know.

There must be demo versions of Acronis, it could be of interesting to do a test.
Old 10-10-2009

The best is Symantec LiveState Recovery. Symantec LiveState Recovery combines the speed and reliability of disk-based, bare-metal Windows system recovery with revolutionary technologies for hardware-independent restoration and lights-out operation. The result is unparalleled freedom to restore systems anytime, from anywhere, to virtually any device. Symantec LiveState Recovery is part of the LiveState family of Windows lifecycle management products, including provisioning, configuration management, patch management, asset management, and remote control.
Old 10-10-2009

Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows provides comprehensive system protection and recovery of Windows servers and allows you to get back to business and minimize downtime. For disaster recovery and system migration in both physical and virtual environments, Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows delivers greater flexibility and value for SMBs and the Remote Office/Branch Office.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,