Thread: What is Witty virus in Windows

What is Witty virus in Windows

Hi,
    I had scanned my computer and found a service name Witty. What is it. Means what type of virus it is and what harm is done by it in the computer. I had seen a list of such viruses in my laptop recently. The virus infection has caused due to USB. I had copied some data from it and from that day the warning pop ups. Now normally the files are quarantined but still want to know more about it. Also which antivirus program will be suitable for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Witty virus in Windows

Witty is a virus that spreads through the network by targeting users of BlackICE Firewall 3.6 Non current with their corrections. It comes in the form of a UDP packet of 768 to 1280 bytes to a port random: When the package reaches a vulnerable machine, Witty infects then emits a large amount of UDP packets trapped trying to infect other machines. The virus damages a regular disk drive industry, which may ultimately render the system unusable. The non-users of BlackICE or users of a non-vulnerable version can not be infected and are therefore not affected by this virus.

The virus enters a system through network. It is a type of worm. Run a full system scan under safe mode. Press F8 continuously at the time of booting and under safe mode run a scan. It is recommended that as you found it remove it. Witty does not create any files on the infected machine. The worm is present only in memory, just reboot the infected machine to eliminate the virus, but the application of preventive fix is imperative for users of BlackICE products to prevent infection and thus prevent corruption of files due to the destructive payload of the virus

Witty is a type of worm which is affected by network. It mainly occurs in BlackIce and RealSecure users . It is highly dangerous because it slowly destroys the system it infects, instead of running just a destructive command. The worm slowly corrupts the file system as it expands, but only among users of ISS products. "There is therefore a threat to all Windows users," say sources ISS. F Secure is appropriate solution for this. Once installed scan thoroughly.