Thread: How to get rid of MyDoom virus

How to get rid of MyDoom virus

Hi,
    My system is affected with MyDoom virus. I had found the same on Hijackthis log file. This had my pc extremely slow. I even cannot access Task Manager. When I press ctrl + alt + del then a message comes up denoting that the task manger is disabled by the administrator. How can I remove it completely from my computer. Any suggestions would really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to get rid of MyDoom virus

The Mydoom virus is present in different versions in circulation. Among the names Doomjuice and Zindos were also published other worms, which take advantage Mydoom. Mydoom installed a so-called backdoor (back door). Virus writers can use this backdoor to gain access to the infected computer. Microsoft recommends that you so urgently to remove those worms to protect themselves from further attacks and intrusion attempts to. Run a full system scan under safe mode.

The best option for this will be F-Secure Internet Security 2010. I will recommend you to get a license version for the same. Install it and run a full system scan. It offers better security online without slowing down your computer. The completely redesigned new version offers significantly improved performance, including 70 % less memory consumption and 60 % faster scanning. It also provides enhanced protection against viruses, malware, spam e-mail, and cyber criminals. Automatic updates and advanced cloud computing technology ensure the fastest protection against new threats. Harmful sites are blocked automatically to ensure safe surfing while renewed Parental Control keeps children safe from inappropriate web content.

Mydoom is a virus that spreads through email and KaZaA. It comes in the form of a message whose title is random, with an attached file whose extension is. BAT,. CMD,. Exe,. BIPs. SCR or. ZIP and whose icon is falsely often that of a simple text file. If this file is executed, the virus sends itself to contacts whose addresses appear in the Windows address book and other files, and installs a backdoor copies itself under various enticing names in the directory shared via KaZaA. The affected users should update their antivirus software. In general, even if his name is attractive should not run an attachment without at least having first analyzed with an updated antivirus program.

Sounds Virtually Identical to the Koobface worm accept koobface uses facebook. i got rid of koobface with a couple of quick/full scans of malwarebytes. Maybe it will work for mydoom also.