Thread: Some one hacked my Orkut ID

Some one hacked my Orkut ID

Hi,
    I am really amazed that someone has hacked my orkut id. I have just login last night and now someone is manipulating my account. That hacker has changed my profile photo and the content. How can be this possible. I had never given the same to anyone. I had some virus in my computer but they are quarantined by the antivirus. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Some hacked my Orkut ID

I think you system is affected with password stealer. It is a virus which stores you password and other critical information and then pop ups them to distant servers or hackers who had designed them. I will recommend you to change you account log in information or contact Orkut for the same. It is recommended that you must install a proper internet security to avoid the same. Always clear your history and other temp file always.

Surely it can be a virus. I had faced the similar issue in Skype. It can be a sniffer application that gathers you information and popped them on the internet. There are popularly knows as password stealer. Boot you system in safe mode and then run a full system scan under it. Download and install Spyware hunter or malware byte. It is recommended that you must clear it up as early as possible.

Get Norton Internet Security 2010 for your system. It is the best antivirus. It protects yous system and blocks viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, bots, and rootkits. The best feature of this antivirus is Intelligence-driven technology for faster, fewer, shorter scans, Guards against Web attacks that exploit software vulnerabilities, Stops threats unrecognized by traditional antivirus techniques, Filters unwanted email with professional-strength antispam, Prevents hackers from eavesdropping and stealing information as you type, etc.