Thread: Remove Secure Warrior from Windows

Remove Secure Warrior from Windows

Hi,
    I had accidentally installed Secured Warrior in Windows XP system. On searching online I found that it is a type of fake software which installs threats in your system. I had seen in control panel also but does not found any uninstall listing in it. What are the ways by which I can remove it completely from my computer. My system is working extremely slow this time. I am currently using AVG free edition in my PC. But I think this is not enough. Also which is the best antivirus program apply to this. Thanks in advance.

Re: Remove Secure Warrior from Windows

It is type fake antivirus application which corrupts your system more. The same antivirus which belong to this category is Trust Warrior, Secure Fighter and Secure Veteran. If you see this tools then never install them on your system. The antivirus hows you fake pop ups for virus. It is type of spyware program. So any anti spyware tool will work here. I will recommend you to download and install MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware. Install it. The press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to process tab and end the process relevant to its name. Run a full system scan.

Download and install any better anti spyware tool. Run a full system scan under safe mode. Then you can also manually delete the files. Go to c:\Program Files\SecureWarrior Software, c:\Program Files\SecureWarriorSoftware\SecureWarrior, c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\SecureWarrior\SecureWarrior.exe, etc Delete the files found on above locations. Also delete 125wz58ws9o54d0.exe, 52z6b521kderrr21369.dll and SecureWarrior.lnk files from the above locations.

If you are able to delete the modified registry entries then your antivirus can remove it. I will provide you the location of entries which is modified the virus. Click on Start > Run and type regedit. In the registry editor navigater for the following paths HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "SecureWarrior"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SecureWarrior. Delete the last entry. In the same way look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\SecureWarrior, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SecureWarrior,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersi on\WindowsUpdate\Reporting\RebootWatch and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecureWarriorSvc. Delete all those entries relevant to the virus name. Restart your system.