Thread: How to remove kbdrv16

How to remove kbdrv16

Hi,
    In my hijackthis log file I had found a suspicious service ruining every time when I bootup my computer. The name of file is kbdrv16. On searching on net I found that it is a worm virus. How can I remove the virus from my Windows XP PC. I had tried running AVG antivirus but the applications does not found the same. Please post some instructions to remove this. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to remove kbdrv16

You are right. It is a worm virus. I will recommend you to use Malwarebyte. Download any free version and run a full system scan under safe mode. Second thing download Unlocker tool. Install it in your system. The same can be downloaded from the below link. Go the file and right click on that. Click on Unlock and then delete the file. The same can be deleted under safe mode also.
    Download Unlocker

See the information below and delete the file as your found them. First click on Start > Run > Type regedit. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon. After that navigate to c:\windows\system32\keyboard\services.exe. The normal file here is explorer.exe. Replace it. Also go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\USB2.0\usb-hi.exe and delete the last file. From start up folder in Start menu delete kbdrv16.com file.

There are many ways to remove a worm virus. The best thing will be running a full system scan under safe mode. Then right click on my computer > properties > system restore. Turn it off. Then restart your system and enter safe mode by press F8. Download and install Malware cleaner. Run a full system scan. Search for the similar file name and delete it. If you are not able to delete the same then press Ctrl + Alt + Del and kill the process of similar name.