Thread: No deleted files in Recycle bin

No deleted files in Recycle bin

Hi,
    My recycle bin is behaving unexpectedly from last two days. Whenever I delete any file from my compute the file does not appear in the Recycle bin. I had found this when accidentally I deleted a Excel file from the desktop. When I opened the Recycle bin to retrieve my file, it was empty. Is this due to virus. How can I fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: No deleted files in Recycle bin

There might be some changes in the global configuration settings due to which the files are configured to delete automatically. Now try this solution. Right click on Recycle bin and select Properties. In the dialog box go to Global tab. Under this uncheck the radio button which shows Do not move items to the recycle bin. Then give ok and restart your system. Try back again.

See that you are not press shift while deleting the file. If you are doing so then permanently the file is deleting from your computer. Second thing check out for the settings of recycle bin. You can also try System Restore. Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Under this select a old date and restore your system. Then check again that your files are getting in the recycle bin. Also check that there is not third party software which is deleting the file without your knowledge.

This can be due to virus infection. The virus has corrupted you Windows Registry file. Because of which the files are deleting permanently from your system. Scan you computer with a antivirus under safe mode. Then delete the detected threats. Get a free registry repairer tool and scan it. The tool will restore your Windows registry file back as it was.