Thread: Tips for changing Servers

Tips for changing Servers

Hi,
    I need some instructions to change the server address relevant to various topics. Like what are the ways to change the server location of a Office source. What are the ways to change Server Authentication Mode. And if I want to change the server of a domain then what will the requirement for the same. The same question lies for DNS server. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Tips for changing Servers

Here is a way to change the server of a Office source. First you will have to create an administrative installation on the server for which you want to change the Office Setup location. Then go to the network client and do this. Start > Run > Type in box - MSIEXEC /i admin path\MSI file REINSTALL=ALL REINSTALLMODE=vomus /qb. In the admin path ad your new locations. If prompted insert Windows Disk.

To change the Authentication mode in Windows you have follow this instructions. Go to SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer. In that right click on the server and choose properties. Then under the Security options go to Server Authentication and then choose new server authentication mode> OK. Again in SQL Server Management Studio give OK and restart the SQL server.

To change the server of your domain you have to first buy a space on a different sever. Then after registering you have to to Domain Control Panel. Here first get access to the Business Control Panel. Now give you login id and password. Once you are in then to Manage My Services > Domain Control Panel > Edit. Change the server name and you are done. I had followed this settings for the Yahoo based service.