Thread: How to use Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy on Windows XP

How to use Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy on Windows XP

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I would like to know that how can i use Group Policy Editor in order to Manage Local Computer Policy on my Windows XP? Does any body knows about it? Let me know the correct way to do so. Would be grateful if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue. Thank you.

Re: How to use Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy on Windows XP

Group Policy gives you administrative control over users and computers in your network. Group Policy is a feature of the Microsoft Windows NT family of operating systems. Group Policy is an infrastructure that allows you to implement specific configurations for users and computers. Group Policy settings are contained in Group Policy objects (GPOs), which are linked to the following Active Directory directory service containers: sites, domains, or organizational units (OUs).

Re: How to use Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy on Windows XP

Group Policy is a one of the most useful tools found in the Windows 2000/2003 Active Directory infrastructure. By using Group Policy, you can define the state of a user's work environment once, and then rely on Windows Server 2003 to continually force the Group Policy settings that you apply across an entire organization or to specific groups of users and computers. The settings within GPOs are then evaluated by the affected targets, using the hierarchical nature of Active Directory. Consequently, Group Policy is one of the top reasons to deploy Active Directory because it allows you to manage user and computer objects.

Administrators face increasingly complex challenges in managing the IT infrastructure. Basically Group Policy is a set of rules which control the working environment of user accounts and computer accounts. Group Policy is one of a group of management technologies, collectively known as IntelliMirror management technologies, which provide users with consistent access to their applications, application settings, roaming user profiles, and user data, from any managed computer—even when they are disconnected from the network. In Microsoft Windows XP, you use Group Policy to define user and computer configurations for groups of users and computers. You create a specific desktop configuration for a particular group of users and computers by using the Group Policy Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in. For more information on how to use Group Policy Editor in order to Manage Local Computer Policy on Windows XP, you can check out the following link.