Thread: Remove foto virus

Remove foto virus

Hi,

I am using Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system, everything was working fine before i checked out my email which was being send by one of my friend with heading Fotos, i try to opened it and clicked on image for viewing it. I don't know how the same email is being send to all my contacts. When i told one of my friend about the incident he told me that my system is being infected by fotos virus. Does anyone know how to remove fotos virus ?

Remove foto virus

It seems that your computer is being infected by virus in that case i would suggest you to goto Windows directory and search for winxp1.exe or winxp2.exe files from it and delete those files, after deleting those files goto task manger and delete all unwanted process or any process which uses windows directory. At the same time also install latest version of antivirus along with it's virus definition update. Hope this should solve your problem.

How to remove foto virus

To overcome from this issue i would suggest you to download Microsoft updates and be cautious about opening messages that contain any attachment or inks to other site and tell all of your friends not to open any mails which consist of fotos heading and delete that email immediately, even if you are not able to remove fotos virus from your computer then reinstalling your Operating system would solve your problem.