Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2009

System affected by TR/Patched.GR.10 trojan horse

Antivir detects a Trojan on my system recently. It is the first time and especially my pc was already running with it for 3 hours without being detected. Then Antivir gives me the option to remove, quarantine etc but whatever option I choose to do nothing changes. It always returns the same window, impossible to remove or close. I tried to disable antivir, but nothing, and after restart, the window comes back. Does someone has any idea how to remove this Trojan and is something serious with my computer?
Old 03-10-2009

Re: System affected by TR/Patched.GR.10 trojan horse

Yes, but what did you do during those three hours? What is your system? Have you downloaded something?

1 google might give you information on this trojan.

2 From your picture, it is misplaced, if you can then delete the file. You may need to reinstall, with the Windows CD, to recreate the file(s) infected on your system. Not sure, but probably.

Remove the malware by using free software: Install spybot and/or malwarebytes and run in safe mode, we often get rid of the malware as well.
Old 03-10-2009

I had the same warning once. Apparently, the problem comes from the last update of antivir. The user32.dll file is detected as infected by Antivirus. I solved the problem by restarting the PC in safe mode with network support (press F8 immediately to restart the PC). Select the Administrator account. Download file user32.dll from net. Then go to the folder C:/windows/system32, find the user32.dll file and rename it to user32old.dll. Now copy/paste the downloaded file into the same folder. Right-click the infected file (user32old.dll), analyzed with antivir. The antivirus will now allow you to destroy the file after restarting. Restart Windows normally. The infected file is quarantined and can be deleted manually.
Old 03-10-2009

Thank you for the answers.

I attempted to repair the damaged file via antivir directly and it deleted the dll. Obviously it was a disaster then. Luckily I saved the most, because the next reboot does not allow me to start the computer. After various attempts, I formatted and reinstalled Windows XP.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,