Thread: How to remove spoolsv trojan

How to remove spoolsv trojan

I'm running Windows Xp Pro on my system. I have Symantec AntiVirus and it's detected a trojan in the file named spoolsv.dll. Now the problem is that when i try to clean that file it says it's failed to clean. Even if i try to delete that file it fails again. How do i remove the Trojan spoolsv.exe? Anyone have any idea how can i do so? Let me know the correct way to remove trojan spoolsv.exe. Any help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: How to remove spoolsv trojan

spoolsv.exe is a spooler file for your printer. The spoolsv.exe file is described as the Spooler SubSystem App or Windows Print Spooler Service and is the main component of the printing interfaces. t is a necessary file that you need, so you will not be able to just delete it. Many spyware removers have been unsuccessful removing the Trojan, because it requires you to turn off system restore.

According to me you should try to disable it. For that you need to click on your start menu, then need to click on Run. Then you need to type in services.msc and then try to delete this particular file. You would be able to see this file when you go to Windows explorer-->tools-->folder options-->view and then need to make visible hidden files and also need to uncheck option for viewing system files.

File spoolsv.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32. When a printer is in use, the Print Spooler service or the spoolsv.exe file is launched, and the process can be seen running in Windows Task Manager. System restore will restore your settings to its original state. SUPERAntiSpyware can safely remove SPOOLSV.EXE (Trojan.SpoolSV-Fake) and protect your computer from spyware, adware, malware, rootkits, worms, trojans, keyloggers, bots and other forms of harmful software.