Thread: What is NvCpl.exe in Task manager

What is NvCpl.exe in Task manager

Hi,
    I had observed a file named NvCpl.exe in Windows Task manager. From last two days my system is working extremely slow. In the same way my internet is also working slow. I had seen this service not familiar to it. I had currently detected some 30 viruses in a quick scan mode. Is this file is a virus. Other are quarantined and deleted. But this service is working in the background and eating up a considerable amount to memory. Please post some suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is NvCpl.exe in Task manager

No don't worry about the file. It is not a virus. The file is associated to Nvidia. You must be having a Nvidia Graphic card in your computer. So this file is associated to the driver of this file. I will load up automatically as you run your computer. It is recommended that you should leave the file as it is a critical system file. Ending the process can probably result in some unexpected behavior of the relevant hardware. For antivirus thing run a full system scan at high priority rate. Let the antivirus scans your computer thoroughly.

The process called NvCpl.exe is a NVIDIA Display Driver Service. It is the driver file for the Nvidia display driver. This is installed in your computer if you have a Nvidia GPU in your system. If you did not have any Nvidia hardware now then you can simply stop this service. Click on Start > Run and then type services.msc. In the resulting windows look for the similar name and the right click and stop it. Now restart your computer and check back again.

The file is associated to NVIDIA's display adapter. That means it is the display control panel of Nvidia. This comes pre-installed in the computer which supports Nvidia Graphic card or if you have any related hardware. If you are facing error related to this file then just re-install the drivers. run a free registry scan to fix up errors related to this file. It is important that you should scan your computer regularly because some virus possess the similar name.