Thread: maximum number of clients can connect to a shared printer within the network

maximum number of clients can connect to a shared printer within the network

Hi,

My problem is like this, We have a printer (canon printer) installed on a desktop computer and shared within the network, the problem is that almost everyday whenever most of the clients connected to the printer use the printer other clients were unable to connect again to the printer/computer. How can I solve this problem? because I need to restart the computer just to fixed the error or maybe just to refresh the connections on the printer.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: maximum number of clients can connect to a shared printer within the network

Hi,
    According to me you need to update your printer Driver. I hope this will solve the problem.

Let us know if it solves your problem.

Re: maximum number of clients can connect to a shared printer within the network

The issue may be due to the print spooler. The print spooler may have become unstable due to too many connection request for accessing the printer at the same time. What is your server operating system? I mean the operating system which is installed on your computer on which the printer is connected. Also not you have enough memory on your computer. Network access required high processing power and memory. You may try to uninstall and reinstall the printer...

The Operating System is Windows XP, dual core processor, 1 gb memory.

How many clients are connecting to your computer? There is a chance of the driver problem. See if you can download the latest drivers for your printer, as it may be the culprit. Once the drivers is updated, install the drivers on all the client computers by connecting to the computer's printer from share and right-clicking it and select connect. Before doing this make sure you remove the current drivers.