Thread: Modem for BSNL IPTV

Modem for BSNL IPTV

I'm using a UT-300R2U modem, in order to access internet from my system. I would like to apply it for BSNL IPTV, but some where i have heard that it requires Type 4 modem and i'm having the modem of Type 1. So, can any body tell me that which modem is required for BSNL IPTV? Anybody have the exact information on BSNL IPTV? Kindly provide me the correct information on BSNL IPTV. Any kind of information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Modem for BSNL IPTV

IPTV or Internet Protocol Television is a technology that allows users to get television programs through their broadband internet connection. In this service the TV channels are encoded in IP format and delivered to TV using a Smart Electronic Device.

IPTV will work with type 1 modems too. Many are under the wrong perception that IPTV can be viewed only through PC. The new technology will allow users to view their IPTV shows through their television, PCs and even their mobile phones. All the three services Normal Telephone Service,Broadband Internet service,IPTV service work together.

According to my best of knowledge most of Type 1 modems has a lan port and an usb port feature in it . So, according to me you should use a Billion BiPAC 5200S Modem. This particular modem has a multiple PVC option in it. So, it will help you to apply it on your BSNL IPTV.