Thread: WIFI and streaming audio

WIFI and streaming audio

I have a 8Mb/s cable internet connection.I am really interested in listening to streaming audio from different radio stations. However, I noticed that after 30-120 minutes, the audio gets garbled. I have this issue when connecting to my router via WIFI. Attempted three different wifi routers and adapters, same issue presume. Signal strength is amazing. I never have a problem when connected to wired router.

Any ideas or possible solutions?

Re: WIFI and streaming audio

Ok, Did you configured a Bridge on Windows XP? When you say streaming it's really playing from a remote drive, not from a media server, right? If you have network problems, the file access can be interrupted and you'll get the lags described.

It is sounds like interference is probably the troublemaker ( because i didn't think of it til I read Mikes Post) but I would suspect the wireless nic ( cuz i always buy cheap hardware ) and it's easiest to rule out if you have a spare, and then I'd change wireless routers if the nice didn't solve it. Hardware always seems easiest for me to rule out first, and again, it's obviously some really strange interference that would have me hunting for it for months.

Is it completely wifi or is one of the devices wired to the router? If it's the former, drop it down to 8mbps or so. Also, did you reduce the quality settings?Is signal strength always the same? Could you be getting interference from another WiFi or cordless phone?But the same time It would depend on the program you're running. Commonly I believe it's a setting in the particular application.Did you go for PocketMVP or PocketMusic? They're pretty good and both come with buffering options.