Thread: WiFi not working with BCM94311

WiFi not working with BCM94311

Hello members,

I am new to Linux. I had previously installed OpenSuse 10.3 and Wi-Fi successfully on my Dell laititude Unfortunately,I am having a bump of troubles with the broadcom chip set my compaq V3424au has.I am not able to view the wireless network that I have at home. The light on the card is not turning blue. It has always remained blue. I went through other forums and tried doing it via bcm cutter and ndiswrapper. Both haven't worked for me till now.Hope someone can help me here..

your welcome for any replies..

Re: WiFi not working with BCM94311

Try working with following commands as su:

Code:

rmmod ndiswrapper
    modprobe ndiswrapper

This can reload the ndiswrapper driver, which often sort out the problem.You can also try rebooting the networking service to see if that helps:

Code:

rcnetwork restart

You'll discover that as of 10.3, your card should be supported by openSUSE, no more requirement for ndiswrapper. In the meantime, might want to ensure you're running the most current version of ndiswrapper

Hope this helps...

I had kind of similar problems with my computer and i had hard time with it finally I Installd OpenSuse 11. The Broadcom chipset will be detected. Now you can put the most important repositories. Search now for the Broadcom drivers (Yast - Software). Once installed your Wifi will work.Additionally for OpenSuse 11.0: add the "Packman" repository. Go to "Yast -Software" and search for "Broadcom". Install the b43 driver and reboot

Does your laptop have a "soft" wireless switch? Some have a physical switch to disable wireless, some have a special key-combination. I am aware there have been problems with the soft switching.You should be able to find posts that explain how to put your ID's to the info.plist file, re-IDing the card is a little more involved but I do have a service to do this and I do provide a real Windows drivers CD (not a generic CDR) to keep it working in Windows.