Thread: How can i prevent users accessing security options of a folder in Windows 7

How can i prevent users accessing security options of a folder in Windows 7

Hi,, I am having Windows 7 computer at my home which is also accessed by some of my friends. Just accessing is not a problem but they used to do some changes in the security tab of the properties option. Is there any way i can prevent them accessing the security options of a folder in Windows 7 ? If yes, please let me know. Thanks..

Re: How can i prevent users accessing security options of a folder in Windows 7

The only way i can suggest you for this is to remove the Security tab from the Properties dialog Box. If you this, your friend or anyone won't be able to see the security tab anymore. Doing this is very simple. Here it is :-

• Go to Start and type gpedit.msc in the search box.
    • Press Enter.
    • Now click on User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and Windows Explorer.
    • Here on the right hand side you will see a option 'Remove Security tab'. Just double click it.
    • A new window will appear. Just mark the dot infront of option Enabled.
    • Press ok and close Local Group Policy Editor.
    • Reboot the system to take the changes.

Thats it ! You are done.

Administrators can adjust registry permissions by using the security settings in a group policy. This policy will apply to computers upon the next policy refresh or when they are restarted. You can further control which computers will receive this policy by adding the computers to a group and use security filtering to either allow or deny this policy to be applied based on your environment.Remember that the assignment of registry permissions by using a group policy has similar results as using system policies because the results are permanent.

Thanks a lot friend for this valuable tip and help. I just tried and it works for me. Now there is no security tab in the properties Dialog box.

I appreciate all your help. Keep it up !!