Thread: Virus found in msxml71.dll

Virus found in msxml71.dll

Hi pals, I have a Windows XP on my computer and quick heal antivirus that takes care of any virus issue. Suddenly something wrong happened with my computer and Virus found in msxml71.dll This file was fount in two folders, temp folder and system32 folder. Both the places this file was infected. At first i was not able to delete the file, but then it got deleted. Now after i restarted the computer, quick heal again warned me about this file and told me it failed to heal the file. It doesn't let the file to be quarantined. What may be done? Please help...

Re: Virus found in msxml71.dll

Restart your computer in safe-mode and check if you the antivirus handles the file If that doesn't help, try deleting the file manually while you are in safe mode... If that doesn't help do post back...

Already tried all those things... But nothing helps, Shall a format my computer with all clean install and re-partition the hard disk? I have already take the backup of my computer. What do you suggest? Please help...

Quote Originally Posted by RockeЯ View Post
    Already tried all those things... But nothing helps, Shall a format my computer with all clean install and re-partition the hard disk? I have already take the backup of my computer. What do you suggest? Please help...
    Yeah, you can anytime format your computer if you plan to do a clean install. But you should first give a try to this method. Restart your computer in safe mode, disable system restore and then again restart in safe-mode. Now run antivirus scan and see if it deletes the file. Now restart the computer in normal mode. May be this would work...