Thread: VPN geting disconnected after fixed interval

VPN geting disconnected after fixed interval

I recently installed Windows 7 x86 on my desktop computer. I then tried to setup VPN connection to my work and everything got fine without any issue. But today while try to connect the office using VPN, it gets disconnected after certain amount of time. I even gets the message that pops up saying 'Link to VPN Connection failed'. What could be the cause of VPN getting disconnected after fixed interval?

Re: VPN geting disconnected after fixed interval

First of all make sure your VPN was safely and securely setup. Then check if you are having the problem of internet connection, any kind of breaks in the connection or some software (like antivirus or firewall) blocking the network connection. This could also be due to some kind of fluctuation in the network which could not be noticed easily.

First of all check the VPN setup. Then refer to Event Viewer what it says about your VPN connection interruption by going to "Start", and typing "eventvwr" in the Search bar and then press Enter. Check if you are finding any problems mentioned over there.

If you are using an external firewall device or a network address translation (NAT) device on a Microsoft Windows based computer, and you establish a virtual private network (VPN) connection, the VPN connection may be disconnected after about five minutes. A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft to resolve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ASHER View Post
    I recently installed Windows 7 x86 on my desktop computer. I then tried to setup VPN connection to my work and everything got fine without any issue. But today while try to connect the office using VPN, it gets disconnected after certain amount of time. I even gets the message that pops up saying 'Link to VPN Connection failed'. What could be the cause of VPN getting disconnected after fixed interval?
    hello asher
    i had your problem too.
    and i found the solution.
    turn on windows 7 firewall.
    it is worked for me.