Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Internet IP error: "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

Networking & Security

Old 10-09-2009

Internet IP error: "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

I updated my Windows XP to Service Pack 3 and since then I am getting an error message "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation" to connect to the internet. I tried to repair my ip address but it wont get solved either. Can anyone help me please. Thank you

Old 10-09-2009

Re: Internet IP error: "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

What is the connection type you are using, broadband or dial up? I suggest you look at the following topics made here that will resolve your issue: UNABLE TO RELEASE & RENEW MY IP ADDRESS
6to4 adapter
Old 10-09-2009

Re: Internet IP error: "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation"

Do this two tricks and see if your query gets resolved:

First go to Start, Run, and then CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.
Old 10-09-2009

I happen to get those error message as well and somebody suggested me a fix for it and I hope that it will work for you too. First go to Control Panel > Network connections > right click on Local Area Connection > properties > double click on internet Protocol TCP/IP (on win XP) you'll see that it says use the following IP address. That should not be checked you have to obtain an IP address automatically checked (DNS server should be set to obtain automatically also). This will get you connected to the internet.

The Greatest Sig Ever

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,