Thread: Can't delete CAP06DXB

Can't delete CAP06DXB

Hello friends,

Recently I located a bunch of files without any issues around on the server but now I can't remove them all,When I try to I get the error message Cannot delete CAP06DXB cannot find the specified file. I was thinking it could be a hidden file or some kind of virus but strangely I can view any file in the folders what so ever. All the other files in the folders have been deleted but i have only blank folders.

Cheers for your help

Re: Can't delete CAP06DXB

Just use the file browser in your control panel and delete it manually, else it may have already been deleted. It is a common error.Confirm that the files are listed with your name as owner and not 99. You can go to Control Panel and click file ownership to fix it if the issue.I can figure out a few temporary files that the server removes and we can't remove those manually. When I am this kind of bullshits, they were gone when I checked a few hours later.

Hi there,it could be that there is a file in the folder but it has system & hidden attributes so that you are not able to view it.Load Windows Explorer & click Tools> Folder Options> View.ensure all the three boxes are chosen and save those changes.You should now be able to see if there is anything in these folders and remove it.Once you have stay out of these folders it is best to reverse the above and at least un mark 'Hide Protected operating system files'.If that doesn't do the trick open up cmd and type:chkdsk /F.close down and restart the computer so that chkdsk can do a full scan of files & indexes.

It's probably likely that the file was created with another owner other than yourself. You should just be able to submit a trouble ticket to the host support requesting the file be deleted.Of course I am guessing that that your back ups under a folder one folder so it should make it rather simple to do, if not just delete the files through a FTP software and you should be configure.what file rights you see in FTP for that file . and when you press remove then what happens Does your computer hangs up , server restarts , any tremors sort of thing