Thread: VSX NGX OSPF issues

VSX NGX OSPF issues

Hello friends,

I am loosing OSPF routes which are properly got by our VPN-1 VSX NGX Cluster .You can view them being received and put into the gated OSPF tables but the can't make into the kernel.If you put a static route and remove it again the received OSPF routes vanishes abruptly.bizarrely i can't figure out a pattern obvious, like after OSPF updates, flapping routes or likewise . This occurs at least a day.have any out here went through this kind of bullshits please suggest a cure

Any related comments accepted....
    thanks in advance .

Re: VSX NGX OSPF issues

Running OSPF on security gadgets such as firewalls is not all a good proposal You are putting more problems to the devices and you later regret about this deal.Firewalls can end VPNs most guys do not do that. They use firewalls for firewall purpose and another gadget for VPN and other provide device for routing protocols such as OSPF, eigrp, BGP, etc...

Re: VSX NGX OSPF issues

I would get into the router that is not making alteration in the routes, and perform an Activate alternations, or I can wait for some time, at which point, things seem to synchronize, the routers exchange routes, and things will be fine. I'm assuming that after 30 minutes, the routers do an LSA refresh.else Check with support, there is are some tips you can create that help OSPF.I have seen some other timing problems with OSPF on some networks.