Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009

decal.dll detected as virus an wont delete

I have this file decal.dll detected as virus an wont delete. On every boot AVG would show up saying this file is infected and i let AVG take care of it. Sometimes it wont delete and sometimes it gets deleted easily but on every reboot this files shows up again. Please help...
Old 08-09-2009

Re: decal.dll detected as virus an wont delete

This may happen if your computer get infected with a trojan. Trojans are known for disabling the Firewall and Anti-Virus software. I would recommend you to boot your system in safe mode and then delete all the process from startup except the AVG files, then again reboot your computer in safe mode and run full system scan. Let AVG handle the file and it will be sorted... If any problem, do post...
Old 08-09-2009

I have already tried that method. I also tried to connect my computer as a slave hard disk and attached it to a linux machine, there, the file gets deleted easily but no matter what i do the file comes back again when i boot my computer. Please help, any other way?
Old 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaz View Post
I have already tried that method. I also tried to connect my computer as a slave hard disk and attached it to a linux machine, there, the file gets deleted easily but no matter what i do the file comes back again when i boot my computer. Please help, any other way?
Then i guess you have only one option left. The virus has infected your System Restore files. Turn off system restore and try to to repeat the above procedure...
Old 08-09-2009

I have this file on my computer and i searched for it for a while, then i cam to know its a Logitech ImageStudio file which is required for it to work properly. You computer may be giving you false positive or the file was infected with the virus later on. I hope this helps...

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,