Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2009

Snow Leopard and access network shares

Hello,

Here macbook pro freshly passed on Snow Leopard. Macs are detected correctly but another attempt at the record shared by guest nothing happens, the finder displays Connection in progress ... and not connected. forcing a logon via the button connect as .. it works.I tested the logon prompt to the servers with the address "afp: / / @ IP mac" ... nothing. I tested the same way on a time capsule remote And it works .I conducted these tests from each mbp and the results are identical AFP sharing is enabled with the rights that go well.....
thank you
Old 08-09-2009

Re: Snow Leopard and access network shares

I have a little trouble ...I have an iMac, a PC laptop (xp) and a wireless router.

I enabled the following options on the mac:
- File sharing
- Printer Sharing ...

I shared a folder on the pc. The PC sees the mac though ... but the mac does not see the pc .... to see, I have to "force the hand" by going to Finder -> Go -> With connector server and type smb: / / 192.168.2.7 (and then enter the login and password of a session for laptops) Yet this should be automatic and I should see the computer name in the Finder sidebar ...I disabled the firewall in Windows Vista to test but the situation remains the same
Old 08-09-2009

Its easy to share files for Windows XP. Right-click on the folder you want to share of Windows XP click on sharing and security option. Click on share this folder. Now in the share name field make sure you give only one name like : "mycomputer" or "windows" and not multiword names to avoid any issues. check here for more How To Network : Mac OS with Windows XP?
Old 08-09-2009

When wireless communication executed in a computer network between a computer and an OS Leopard , SL each system appeared to its sidekick as server connected in the sidebar of Finder. However the system SL only able to visit any resource-disk, screen, internet-its fellow on the contrary it was shown to ease these exercises. An appropriate adjustment of FireWall on Leopard from the option Allow only essential services to Set access for specific services and applications to release the File shares (AFP), Screen, Web

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,