Thread: Need a Network Monitor Gadget for Windows Vista

Need a Network Monitor Gadget for Windows Vista

Hi,
    I had installed Windows Vista in my laptop. I want a network monitor software for monitoring the current activities on LAN. So here I need a network monitoring software which can inform me the current activities on net. I think to the network in which I am connected has virus issues. So every time for some moment my system gets hangs up. In task manager the graph shows some activities but after that everything goes stable. Is there any gadget for Vista sidebar and does it can also check wireless network. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need a Network Monitor Gadget for Windows Vista

Just search on Google there are ample of applications available here. I am attaching two simple gadgets for Vista Sidebar that can inform you about the current network activities. It runs continuously on your desktop. The first one is Network Activity tool that displays the information in form of a animated graph. It shows you current incoming and the outgoing bandwidth details. The second one denotes you the amount of signal available for a Wireless network. Download them and try it.

There are ample of widgets available. I am using Net Monitor. It is a freeware program which fits to your Vista Sidebar and constantly scan the networking activity. The gadget loads up automatically on boot up and scans you current hardware or network. The tool is decent enough use and gives your relatively proper information. Otherwise then you download a dedicated software which can monitor your network. You can look for specific LAN Monitoring application.

Download and try Wireshark Network Protocol Analyzer. It is a dedicated network monitoring tool which can scan you LAN and give you detail information. It is a dedicated protocol analyzer which is also known as packet sniffer. The tool captures and decodes the packets which are received and sent on the network. You can capture live network traffic or read the files. It can be used to troubleshoot network, network analysis, etc.