Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Need help with WPA wifi connect

Networking & Security

Old 05-09-2009

Need help with WPA wifi connect

Hello,

Attempting to get my touch to run with my Linksys router but it is not connecting.The wifi is WPA Personal.When I click on my network and then it request for the password. I put in the encryption key and it still says "cannot connect".Please help me to make the connection

thanks for any help.!!

Old 05-09-2009

Re: Need help with WPA wifi connect

First of all you should check the latest firmware on your router.In the mean time i would like to say you can't use a pass phrase as your WEP key, you must enter the actual WEP code.It's a fault idea to compromise network security more than necessary by using WEP. The Touch should run with WPA Personal.
Old 05-09-2009

There are too many things which associated with troubleshooting based up on the data you've provided.I can explain some primary possibilities try resetting the router,confirm you don't have something like MAC (not Mac) address filtering enabled, also you have to have the updated firmware for your router, try WPA2 to see if that works, alternatively select another network and enter the SSID manually.
Old 05-09-2009

Dude,if the above things are not working i have one more chance for you to experiment In Windows XPland, you can see there's a separate Authentication tab for IEEE 802.1x authentication, I guess that might be disabled originally for WPA-PSK or WEP when key provided automatically is unchecked, try to make it enabled

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,