Thread: Linksys router and wireless camera

Linksys router and wireless camera

Hello,

I have installed lge Linksys wireless router and it works perfectly. I have a Wireless-G Internet Home Monitoring Camera WVC54GC with sporting 802.11g and 10/100 Ethernet connections, and VGA video recorded to a MPEG-4 or Motion JPEG codec. and it can also be found in the installation wizard, but it will not complete the installation, it says I must enter pass phrase used by network. Where can I find this ?

Thank you

Re: Linksys router and wireless camera

It is simple and yet not. Your wireless network is protected with encrypted, and so the installation wizard wants is that you set the password for this encryption. It was easy, and now to the difficult. In the router setup under wireless encryption is enabled, and enrolled in a code pass phrase. Possibly you can see it in the router's setup, as you can not remember what code was typed in his time, so there is nothing for it but to change the code to another, and then use the new installer in the camera.

Re: Linksys router and wireless camera

Linksys does not usually hide the password. You should preferably use the WPA-Personal TKIP or WPA2-Personal TKIP. whatever you choose depends on whether the recipients can manage successfully the same encryption. I know with certainty of WPA-Personal can be used, unless your wireless network card is very old. The camera can. When the code from the router's wireless settings are entered in the camera setup program, you will be able to watch video from the camera.