Thread: IIS - The remote procedure call failed and did not execute

IIS - The remote procedure call failed and did not execute

Hi,

I really don't know what's happening now with my IIS, it's really annoying me, before, when I'm accessing my asp page, I have Windows XP. It has been running well for a long time and yesterday, for no reason, I get this error message, “The remote procedure call failed and did not execute”. I have tried the links asp.faq I've seen other post and nothing works. DotNet seems to run fine and I can run HTML pages, I also have Apache and PHP scripts can run without problem ... everything except classic ASP.

Re: IIS - The remote procedure call failed and did not execute

I think it is necessary to check if IIS is recognizing the "ASP" extension for processing. In the Control Panel should not be something like administrative tasks, and that there should be a Viewer. Looking for the developments as a source, as something IWAM. The messagess out of sight of events must be a little more detail. Give it a shot and see what happens. Hope it helps.

Make sure that IIS runs as a service. Make a simple page at the root of your site by default, typically c:\techrenaPub\wwwroot\ named something like a line with <% response.write "the test page worked!" %>. Open your web browser to http://localhost/test.asp and see if you get this line of text. If not, try reinstalling IIS perhaps …

Maybe you have a user account synchronization problems. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221790 - this Microsoft KB article may apply. You can run the script password synchronization referenced in the article.