Thread: Wireless printing with Mac

Wireless printing with Mac

I have a HP Photosmart C6380 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. It has a built in wifi which allows the wireless printing, but i can't print with it by my mac laptop via wireless router , it can bot communicate with C6380. Any ideas how can i make it work ?

Re: Wireless printing with Mac

via wireless router? is there in LAN? does the C6830 printing fine with the local pc? May be you need to upgrade the drivers for your printer, go to official site and check for latest driver availability.

To which nod the printer is connected directly? Can you open the printer preferences in that local machine? i consider local machine is your mac machine , now open the System Preference and choose the Print & Fax pane and select your C6380 printer, now select "Sharing" button in the window and select the box that says "Share these printers with other computers:" You'll then likely see the printer in the little window on the box, and you'll have to select the box next to it, as well. Then quit the System Preferences. And for the rest of the computers in your local LAN computers go to that same Print & Fax pane of System Preferences you should see the printer you just configured for sharing appear in the list. Select it.

Which MAC you are using? For Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard:

• Select System Preferences from the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen.
    • Click on the Print & Fax icon to open the preference pane.
    • Click the + button below the printers list to add a printer, then click the IP icon at the top of the pop-up window.
    • From the Protocol menu, select "Line Printer Daemon - LPD"
    • For the Address, Queue, and Print Using fields, use IKON's full list of campus printers.
    • Click the Add button. You may get a window asking you to verify installable options; if so, simply click Continue.
    • If you need to print to more than one printer, you will need to configure each printer individually.