Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

What is netmeeting.exe

Networking & Security

Old 02-09-2009

What is netmeeting.exe

I am a Windows Xp user and i need a urgent help from you all. From last few days, i can see a process called netmeeting.exe running in the Task manager. I can also find it under %AllUsersProfile%\desktop.exe, AllUsersProfile%\documents.exe, %AllUsersProfile%\favorites.exe. However it has not harmed me yet but i wanted to know what is netmeeting.exe ? If it is harmful than also let me know how can i remove it. Thanks

Old 02-09-2009

Re: What is netmeeting.exe

The process netmeeting.exe belongs to Microsoft NetMeeting Associates, Inc and is not harmful. Actually it is registered as W32.Dinoxi.B and allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. You can also find it under %ProgramFiles%\common files\speechengines\microsoft\lexicon.exe or %ProgramFiles%\common files\speechengines\microsoft\tts.exe.
Old 02-09-2009

netmeeting.exe is related to Microsoft is a part of a process called W32.Dinoxi.B Trojan, and these have been confirmed as safe. It creates, deletes, copies or moves the following files and folders Copies filec:\windows\system32\urlmon.dll to c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\mta49577.dll. Even though this file is safe if you get any problem with it, just scan the system with some good updated antivirus or registry cleaner.
Old 02-09-2009

Thanks for sharing this info guys. I am also aware of this process and can say that it is safe to keep on the system. It has code inserted into its Virtual Memory space by other programs. There are many more files that are known to be associated with the file "netmeeting.exe" like Email-Worm.Win32.LovGate.x [Kaspersky Lab] 30, W32.SillyFDC [Symantec], etc..

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,