Thread: CCCInstall.exe fatal error message

CCCInstall.exe fatal error message

I had some virus problem in my pc so I removed it with my QuickHeal antivirus but I think that it also removed the graphic related files cause there were also infected. I have an old ATI graphic card, so I downloaded and reinstalled the driver for it but if I restart me pc everytime I get an error message "CCCInstall.exe - CLR error 80004005" and I am also not able to open the Catalyst Control Center. What should I do to rectify this issue. Thank you
    To the rational mind there can be no offense,
    no obscenity, no blasphemy,
    but only information of greater or lesser
    value.

Re: CCCInstall.exe fatal error message

It seems to me that the virus is still present in your pc because so what you can do is post a hijackthis log or even a combofix log report in your next reply.

Download HijackThis: HijackThis - How to use HijackThis? What it dose?
    Download ComboFix: How to remove Virus / Malware using ComboFix

Have you installed the latest version and all versions of Microsoft .NET Framework. It is required by many applications to run, specially the drivers for the ATI cards. Also, do not use software found on CDs. Check online for the latest version. .NET Framework is a set of files used by Windows Software developers. You can read into it more if you're interested, but it's just software that is a requirement for other software to run.

Yes, I think that the CCCInstall.exe fatal error message problem you are getting is because of you dont have the .Net Framework installed on you machine, so you need to have the Dot Net frameworks and DX9 installed. Have you also tried to download one of the older drivers (like 8.11) and see if that works.