Thread: What is Dssagent.exe

What is Dssagent.exe

I am running Windows XP Pro on my Dell computer. I want to know what is Dssagent.exe and is it necessary on Windows computer? I noticed this process running on my computer and also brings pop-up ads to me. I am really fedup of always closing the popup. And thus my question. Please help!

Re: What is Dssagent.exe

Dssagent.exe is a spyware by Broderbund. This spyware pop-ups unwanted advertisements. This application is a security threat and should be removed from your system. It is located under C:\Windows. Delete it from there and also the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run registry key.

Dssagent.exe is clearly a spyware. To remove it from your computer: go to Start - Search - All Files or Folders. Click on "All or part of the the file name" section, and type "dssagent.exe". Under "Look in" section, select "My Computer" and then click "Search" button. You also need to remove it from your registries. Use some registry cleaner software available on internet.

DSSAgent.exe is a DSSAgent spyware. Its basic task is to eat your network and affect your CPU performance. It sends encrypted emails about the system to its creator. You can use MalwareBytes to remove this spyware from your computer.