Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 can't connect to network printer

Networking & Security

Old 28-08-2009

Windows 7 can't connect to network printer

I have a HP printer, i have worked with it by windows xp and vista and had absolutely zero issues. But it seems i can't connect this printer with windows 7. I went to add printer wizard and after going through full wizard it says that can't connect to printer. Whats wrong now with windows 7? am i doing anything wrong?

Old 28-08-2009

Re: Windows 7 can't connect to network printer

Have you installed the printer drivers for Windows 7? Althought vista drivers works with windows 7 bit i'm not sure of the xp ones works on windows 7. which one you have installed ? Go to HP suppot site and hunt for the compatible drivers.
Old 28-08-2009

See if following threads helps you :

Can't connect to Network printer - Win98
Home network in windows 7 / vista
How do i print from homegroup printer in Windows 7 ?

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 28-08-2009

First to test the printer working with windows 7 or not setup it as a local printer and try to print from it. If successful then setup it as a network printer. Make sure that you have the drivers .

Have you add the printer with admin account ? Go to the Control Panel -> Printers -> Run As Administrator -> Add Printer.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,