Thread: Is Itype.exe any kind of virus

Is Itype.exe any kind of virus

I dont know what gone wrong with my Windows Vista system. There is an process called Itype.exe due to which my Vista gives me message every time boot up the machine saying "itype.exe no disk". I tried scanning my system with Norton but dint find anything. Is Itype.exe any kind of virus ? Please help

Re: Is Itype.exe any kind of virus

Nope, Itype.exe is not a virus. It is a process belonging to Microsoft Intellitype Pro keyboard software. IntelliType Pro software enables you to customize the unique features of your Microsoft keyboard to fit your needs. Itype.exe is usually located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files. You will find this process started automatically from a Run, RunOnce, RunServices, or RunServicesOnce entry in the registry. As you said it is creating problem for you, you can try registry cleaner.

itype.exe file belongs to the MS Intellitype keyboard software and is added as a Registry auto start to load Program on Boot up. With IntelliType Pro software you can reassign many of the keys to open a program, file, or Web page, or to perform commands, such as Find, Show Desktop, or other application-specific functions. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference. If you want to uninstall this process you need to uninstall IntelliType software from Add and remove program.

Although Itype.exe is not any kind of virus or trojan, if it is harming your system than you need to uninstall the entire IntelliPoint or IntelliType software form your system. Or you can try Prev X 3.0. For more info on this application, just go through this link