Thread: Virus won't let me log in

Virus won't let me log in

Hi,

I just got a virus (Avg didn't detect it) and now my computer won't let me log on. I tried to uninstall it myself but failed miserably. My system loads into the Log-in screen, and so I click on my profile (or any profile for that matter) and it says, "logging in. Now i can not log back in windows normal or safemode.

Any suggestions ???

Re: Virus won't let me log in

As you log on, turn the PC on again and when Windows loads, press F8 and select "start my computer with working conditions" or something. It should help. otherwise, try this to get all of your files back, then install a fresh copy of Windows on your PC

To eradicate your login problem, type : C:\WINDOWS> command prompt, (assume that your CD drive is the letter E, but the change to your CD drive letter accordingly) type: Expand E:\ i386\userinit.ex_C:\WINDOWS\system32 and not have to be capitalized. This should put a new copy userinit.exe in your Windows installation. After that just type exit and press [Enter] and reboot automatically.

Download the ComboFix. In the window that appears, please rename the file to svchost.exe ComboFix.exe. This name is important and must be exactly as I have given you here. Once you have changed the name, save the new file name directly to your desktop. Return to the previous page and continue with the instructions that have to run ComboFix. Make sure you read all the instructions on that page very carefully and follow exactly. It is particularly important to turn off all protection programs before running ComboFix. If you need more help understanding how to disable a specific program, look here. Installing the Recovery Console if you are running an XP machine is another critical step. Following the instructions in this manual carefully, ComboFix give the best chance of a successful career and minimmize the likelihood of potentially seriou