Thread: Imac internet connection keeps dropping out

Imac internet connection keeps dropping out

Hi,

My Imac keeps dropping my internet connection. I do not understand this, that my brother had no problem whatsoever with his laptop to get internet connection, while living with us. Internet access will be maintained well either for 5-10 minutes and then drop, or could be good for up to an hour and then drop.

Imac internet connection keeps dropping out

Re: Imac internet connection keeps dropping out

To check Imac internet connection if it keeps dropping out, compare your IP address / other network settings in System Preferences -> Network when the connection is working for the same scenario, when it is not. Are they all the same? If the IP address 169.-.-.- is growing, something is wrong, probably with the router settings. Check DHCP on the router control panel.

If only the Internet connection, then I would have the cable company check your lines and signal strength. If the loss of the entire network can also be due to loss of modem connection. I've had this happen before.Usually disconnect the modem and the router and then reconnect the willingness to solve the problem.

On the desktop in the upper U have Apple menu, next to the you have a file edit view, go click the folder and type/Library/Preferences. Under this or have a folder called drag, and system settings you put on your desktop (basically we are removing the old network configuration and once you start a new copy of it will be created by the operating system is like one netsh on Windows). Restart the computer and check once ur about connectivity.