Thread: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is Useful or Not

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is Useful or Not

Hello , I Have just a small Query related to the windows malicious software removal tool , i would like to ask whether anyone has ever removed anything with windows malicious software removal tool , because my freind was saying the tool is crap , it cannot remove viruses, and really useless , so we should use the windows malicious software removal tool ? , my Question it is TRue , because i was thinking of using it as a Subsitute for the antivirus , so please let me know your opinion about it , please help me thanks in advance

Re: Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool is Useful or Not

Malicious software is the Windows built-in Removal tool that helps you remove specific malicious software and , This anti-malware runs on Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP or Windows 2000. To launch, click Start, Run, and type in the field MRT.

Note that this program should not be confused with anti-virus, Microsoft has clearly stated the 3 basic differences between a traditional antivirus and malware removal tool :

The tool provides post-infection removal of malware. It can remove malicious software only from a already infected computer . Antivirus products are also able to prevent the execution of malicious software on a computer. It is much more desirable to prevent the execution of malicious software on a computer than delete postinfection.

The tool removes only specific and widespread malwares . For a list of the software, see the section "Information." This malicious software is specific, and can remove only specific malware , not alls as in Case of antivirus

The tool focuses on detecting and removing malicious software , that are actively running. The tool can not remove malicious software that are not running. but task can be only performed by using antivirus software.

If you use Windows Update, maybe did you not notice the removal program Microsoft Malware on your hard drive. this software is an excellent additional tool in addition to traditional protection utilities , The MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) is updated together with Windows and is intended to remove specific malware on its list, but is cannot be accepted a substitute for an Antivirus