Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sony Vaio Cannot Connect Wireless Vista Home Network

Networking & Security

Old 25-08-2009

Sony Vaio Cannot Connect Wireless Vista Home Network

Hello , I have sony vaio laptop , now the problem is that it cannot connect wireless vista home network , i have wireless router setup , my desktop computer with the wired connection seem to be working fine with it , but my sony vaio cannot connect wireless vista home network , please tell me how can i solve this problem , thanks in advance ,

Old 25-08-2009

Re: Sony Vaio Cannot Connect Wireless Vista Home Network

Does the computer ping the router?

To know:
Start> Run> cmd

And you type Code: ping 192.168.1.1
Old 25-08-2009

Hello, go to "All connections", right click on "Wireless Network Connection" and then in the "Wireless Networks" (2nd tab), under "My Network Places" you should seem you network so click it , then goto Properties. In the new window remember that "Network Authentication" must be selected and set as WPA-PSK encryption: TKIP. Then you enter a key in the framework below. Normally after that , it should work.
Old 25-08-2009

Give it a static IP address & static DNS entries. , or Go to device manager and right click on the wireless device and select uninstall. Then select Scan again. See if it automatically reinstalls the software required.

Check this Link for more detail on how to recover the system ,
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/m...200%2016099795

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,