Thread: How to connect 2 media center with each other

How to connect 2 media center with each other

Hi,
    I want to add up more Media Center pc on a network system so that all the users can gain access to my main media center library. I had never tried to do this. But need some simple tips and requirement on the same. Like for a example I have two system a laptop and computer. One belongs to Compaq and the other on is Hp. Both have Windows Vista media center in them. Now I want to sync them in such a way that a third user can common to my common network and play the local library via media center in his pc. Does this work or it needs to add up some additional hardware. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to connect 2 media center with each other

You can use your TCP/IP network to play your music on the network. The protocol network is very common under Windows and easy to configure. You can add up a common library of music on your Windows Media center. Then assign the same to all the Media Center pc's. It will by default use a single computer to play the songs and other files. You can either use a wireless router or a Ethernet cable network. First set up your server pc. Create a library and then add the same by going to the different media pc's.

Here is simple setup for the same. First log in to your Media Center. Then create a simple windows network. Create a new library which must have the listing of your music and files. Here you have to create a Library server. You can create this by going under organization tree then select Plug ins > Library Server. Simply select it. You have to add up a port in the port selection column in the Media center. Now in a different pc with media center will automatically detect the serve library. The library can be recorded by browsing manually. You client pc will load up the music and now it is ready to share.

It is not easy to do this. Because there are number of factors which care a major cause behind this. First get some resources about ICE i.e. Internet Connection Sharing. This is for Windows XP. Now create a media server by going in Start > Network and places. It is recommended that if you use a network hub or Ethernet type connection then you can sync more easily. Connect all the client machine to the network. Under Start > Network Places > Work group computer you can see all the current available computer. I had tried this before but it really a pain.