Thread: How to Share Folders and Printers on Your Network

How to Share Folders and Printers on Your Network

hi
    I want to know How to Share Folders and Printers on Network.Consider i am having 2 to 4 computer in the network then how i can able to share folders in that network please help me to improve my knowledge .
    thank you

Re: How to Share Folders and Printers on Your Network

I think if you are having two computer with you you can even share by using usb connection Using USB bridge cable for connecting two computers and you can share with lan also but for sharing with more computer you will need hub also if you want to share folder go to properties of that folder then go to sharing then select share this folder on network that is done .some more help Share three printers from same computer

If the you are looking for some information then one of the good method is Network Magic. this is cisco solution .Network Magic share folder is only accessible by computers with Network Magic installed while Windows share folder is accessible to all computers that is connected to the network. you can check here for more

If you want to use internet for your network you will need Router for that Router will manage your computer in network and internet both.

• Buy the Network Hardware
    • Set Up a Network with Windows XP
    • Connect the Computers
    • Install the Network Card
    • Share Folders
    • Share a Printer

When a computer allocates resources, it assumes server functions. Any computer in a peer-to-peer network workgroup can do so. You must configure file and printer sharing for a computer to act as a server. You set up this functionality when you installed the network card. Therefore, you can already share a file or files that you want to use on other computers. To share a file, follow these steps:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814004